Antique Sewing Table, English, Ladies Work Box, Side, Early Victorian, C.1850
Our Stock # 18.7811
This is an antique sewing table. An English, Rosewood ladies work box or side table, dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1850.
- Elegant, early Victorian craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select stocks a delight of fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues beneath the quality wax polish finish
- Tiered lid with canted corners opening smoothly upon internal brass hinges
- Beneath, a pierced apron with a continuous carved pattern
- Dressed with an inset, circular brass lock – key absent
- Finished to each side, ideal for central room placement
- The lined interior in a vibrant pink hue hosting a suite of compartments
- Central lift-off cover reveals the deep compartment within the fabric covered up-stand
- Raised upon a tapering baluster support with dashing bulb leaf carving
- Eye-catching hyperboloid platform, from which, distinctive scrolled toes ride upon small castors
This is an attractive antique sewing or side table. Striking grain offers visual appeal from rich colour and figuring, whilst being upholstered with quality cotton silk fabrics. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 45cm (17.75'')
Max Depth: 40.5cm (16'')
Max Height: 81.5cm (32'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World