Antique Set of Eight Dining Chairs, English Oak, Red, Victorian Gothic c1860
Our Stock # 11.3506
This is an antique set of eight dining chairs in English oak with red upholstery, Victorian gothic, circa 1860.
- Gothic and Ecclesiastical overtones to this fine set of chairs
- Desirable aged patina to the caramel tones of the English oak
- Robust and sturdy, each chair weighing in at 10Kg (22lbs)
- Well sprung and traditionally stuffed offering a comfortable seat
- Upholstered in a claret Chenille cloth with studded finish
- Textile in clean, serviceable order, however, the chairs could perhaps benefit from recovering at some stage as there are some worn corners consistent with use
- Show back for an attractive flash of the red from behind
- Raised on stout, square section legs united by an 'H' stretcher
- The front legs of column form with flared capitols and stub block feet
- The high back panel rising to a domed crest rail
An appealing set of period chairs. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48cm (19'')
Max Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Height: 111cm (43.75'')
Seat Width: 48cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 40cm (15.75'')
Seat Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.