Antique Set of Eight Dining Chairs, English Oak, Red, Victorian Gothic c1860
Our Stock # 11.3506
This is an antique set of eight dining chairs in English oak with red upholstery, Victorian gothic, circa 1860.
- Gothic and Ecclesiastical overtones to this fine set of chairs
- Desirable aged patina to the caramel tones of the English oak
- Robust and sturdy, each chair weighing in at 10Kg (22lbs)
- Well sprung and traditionally stuffed offering a comfortable seat
- Upholstered in a claret Chenille cloth with studded finish
- Textile in clean, serviceable order, however, the chairs could perhaps benefit from recovering at some stage as there are some worn corners consistent with use
- Show back for an attractive flash of the red from behind
- Raised on stout, square section legs united by an 'H' stretcher
- The front legs of column form with flared capitols and stub block feet
- The high back panel rising to a domed crest rail
An appealing set of period chairs. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48cm (19'')
Max Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Height: 111cm (43.75'')
Seat Width: 48cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 40cm (15.75'')
Seat Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World