Antique Set of 4 Oak Dining Chairs, English, Victorian, Balloon Back, c.1860
Our Stock # LFA-1769
This is a an antique set of 4 oak dining chairs, English, Victorian balloon back dating to c.1860.
- Rare to find in oak
- Superb grain interest with wisps of medullary rays
- Attention to detail and of quality craftsmanship
- Elegant, serpentine seat rail runs seamlessly into
- Cabriole legs with pronounced moulding to the front
- Terminating in elevated scrolled toes
- Pinched and swept, square section rear legs
- Rise into the pinched waist of the dished back rest decorated with subtle foliate detail
- Shaped balloon backs feature well executed, carved acorn and leaf motif to lower rail
- Seat panel traditionally stuffed and comfortable
- Seat covers serviceable, would welcome recovering
- Showing marks consistent with years of use, missing brocade trim in places
- Generous seat height and width
Classic English dining chairs with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 89.5cm (35.25'')
Seat Width: 48.5cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 48cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.