Antique Set of 4 Dining Chairs, Early Victorian Balloon Back, Mahogany, c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1741
This is an antique set of 4 dining chairs, very early Victorian balloon backs in mahogany dating to c.1840.
- A fine set of heavy and robust mahogany dining chairs
- Good colour and displaying grain interest with a desirable patina
- Generous seat height and width
- Attractive, fluted, vase turned legs riding upon ceramic castors to the front
- Square section, swept rear legs rising into a pinched waist
- Generous stock to the dished and shaped balloon backs
- Decorated with a well executed carved rosette to the lower rail
- Bowed seat rails with moulded detail
- Traditionally stuffed and later sprung in good order and comfortable
- Striped seat cloth dressed with complimentary brocade trim
- Serviceable as is or easily recovered to suit any d̩cor
In good proportion and offering a comfortable seat. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48.5cm (19'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 89.5cm (35.25'')
Seat Width: 48.5cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 48.5cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.