Antique Serving Ewer, English, Ceramic, Decorative, Amphora, Victorian, C.1876
Our Stock # 18.7046
This is an antique serving ewer. An English, ceramic decorative amphora by Doulton of Lambeth, dated to the Victorian period, 1876.
- Quality example of Victorian Doulton
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Ceramic of the highest order and free from cracks or marks
- Palette of brown and blue hues beneath a clear, bright glaze
- Wonderfully globular body with sinuous swan neck handle
- A hand-painted band of cobalt blue decorates the tall neck
- Regal masques adorn the neck and base of the handle respectively
- Fascinating raised flower heads, prominent with petals of white and blue
- Large leaf-shaped panels host foliate patterns around the body of the ewer
- Deep rolled rim to base finished in a palette of amber-browns
- Maker's mark to base for Doulton, Lambeth and dated 1876
This is an attractive antique serving ewer with great colour and fascinating details. Pleasingly globular and of superb antique order. Delivered polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 14.5cm (5.75'')
Max Depth: 13cm (5'')
Max Height: 23cm (9'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World