Antique Scroll Arm Chair, English, Mahogany, Buckle Back, Seat, William IV, 1835
Our Stock # 18.6945
This is an antique scroll arm chair. An English, mahogany buckle-back drop-in seat, dating to the late William IV period, circa 1835.
- Delightful example of transitional furniture from the Regency taste to William IV
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select mahogany shows fine grain interest and rich caramel hues
- Traditional, quality upholstery in good order
- Attractive buckle back sinuously shaped with ornate scrolled lower rail
- Serpentine scroll arms terminate in a flourish
- Drop-in seat traditionally stuffed and upholstered in rich, ivy green velour - straightforward to recover
- Raised upon turned baluster legs to front and gently splayed, square section rear legs
This is a superb antique scroll arm chair, whose sinuous form and quality craftsmanship offer copious appeal. The drop-in seat offers potential to be reupholstered to individual taste. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 55.5cm (21.75'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 83.5cm (32.75'')
Seat Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Seat Depth: 42cm (16.5'')
Seat Height: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World