Antique Salon Chair, English, Early Victorian, Walnut, Nursing, Circa 1840
Our Stock # 18.5417
This is a antique salon chair, an English, Early Victorian, walnut framed nursing chair dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1840.
- Desirable colour and patina to the walnut frame
- Quality carved detail throughout
- Traditionally stuffed and finished
- Upholstered in a royal blue patterned cloth
- Finished with a golden brocade trim
- Raised on carved cabriole legs with scrolled bump toes
- Attractive florally carved detail to the knees
- Riding upon the original brass castors to the front
- Elegantly swept rear legs rise into a pinched waist
- Pierced carved acanthus leaf decoration to the crest rail
- Show back - ideal for centre room placement
A classic example offering a supportive seat. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 58.5cm (23'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 95cm (37.5'')
Seat Width: 53.5cm (21'')
Seat Depth: 48cm (19'')
Seat Height: 40.5cm (16'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.