Antique Salon Chair, Early Victorian Button Back, c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1494
This is an early Victorian, button-back, antique salon chair offering a comfortable seat and dating to c.1840.
- Superior build quality in English walnut
- Raised on stout, splayed cabriole legs
- Good quality carving with acanthus leaf knees and scrolled toes
- Riding on original brass castors all round
- Serpentine seat rail with carved interest
- Padded armrests sweeping up to form tub seat
- Traditionally stuffed and well sprung
- Deep button back in good order
- Upholstered in olive velour with matching brocade trim
A super example in fine order, solid joints and construction ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 81cm (32'')
Max Height: 90cm (35.5'')
Seat Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Seat Depth: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Seat Height: 36cm (14.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.