Antique Royal Navy Officer's Trunk, Early 19th Century Mahogany Chest Circa 1800
Our Stock # AAU-3501
This is an antique, Royal Navy Officer's trunk in solid mahogany. An early 19th century mahogany chest dating to circa 1800.
- Superb historic piece with tremendous naval interest
- Carrying the name plate of one G.J. Pearn R.N.
- Quality craftsmanship in solid mahogany with desirable aged patina
- Stunning, original braided coir rope handles
- Featuring star cut leather washers
- Block mounted for strength
- Lid lifts with inset cabin handle and holds open on quarter bar to rear of trunk
- Original iron lock plate still in place, key absent
- Interior painted in sky blue offering voluminous storage
A magnificent piece that would make a great coffee or side table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 95cm (37.5'')
Max Depth: 65cm (25.5'')
Max Height: 55cm (21.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.