Antique Roll Top Desk, Shannon File Co., English, Walnut, Edwardian Circa 1910
Our Stock # LFA-1636
This is an antique roll top desk in English walnut by the Shannon File Co., London, Edwardian dating to circa 1900.
- A very fine example with a show back – ideal for centre room placement
- English walnut displaying good consistent colour with a desirable aged patina
- Professionally fitted olive green skiver, displaying twin gold tooling
- Field panelled on three sides with a suite of graduated drawers
- Dressed with wooden pulls, the lower right hand drawer with shaped, internal dividers
- A pair of desk extension slides with matching leather finish
- Brass gallery to the top that displays attractive grain interest
- Internally, a series of cubbies, pen and stationery drawers
- To the sides and rear brass letter rails
- The roll top in superb condition, sliding smoothly
- Drawers automatically lock when the roll top is down
- Shannon File Co., London name plates over absent lock and key
A super, period desk in very good condition. Solid joints and construction. Delivered Waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 152.5cm (60'')
Max Depth: 91.5cm (36'')
Max Height: 117cm (46'') + Gallery Height: 7cm (2.75'')
Desk Width: 149.5cm (58.75'')
Desk Depth: 83cm (32.75'')
Desk Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Knee Hole Width: 63.5cm (25'')
Knee Hole Height: 66cm (26'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.