Antique Revolving Table Top Platter, Oak, Lazy Susan, Ecclesiastical, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7199
This is an antique revolving table-top platter. An English, oak octagonal Lazy Susan with ecclesiastical taste, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1884.
- Prominent decorative serving platter with strong ecclesiastic or Masonic taste
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - in very good order
- Select oak shows fine grain interest
- Rich russet hues beam beneath the wax polish finish
- Bold octagonal top carved with appealing details and dressed with polished metal plating to edge
- Circular crest to centre bears the Latin motto 'Ne Quid Nimis' - nothing in excess
- A looped belt motif encircles an eagle stood upon a small shield
- The decorative border with repeating diamond pattern hosts the initials GA and the date of 1884
- Raised and rotating smoothly upon a tapering central column with carved crosshatch fretwork
- Standing upon a deep tapered base with canted corners
- The initials H and J displayed within hollow diamonds decorate the base
- Alternating with panels of carved stars on mottled grounds
This is an intriguing antique revolving platter, ideally suited for gatherings and steeped in mysterious Masonic or ecclesiastical themes and motif. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Depth: 42.5cm (16.75'')
Max Height: 25.5cm (10'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World