Antique Shop Display Cabinet, English, Edward Willows, Patented, Circa 1905
Our Stock # 18.5997
This is an antique shop display cabinet crafted in England by Edward Willows from mahogany, glass and marble. First patented in the late 19th century, this improved model dates to circa 1905.
- Of quality craftsmanship in mahogany, displaying a desirable aged patina
- A plaque annotated 'Willows, Patent Refrigerator, 18 Grays Inn Rd E.C.' features at the front
- Internal drainage system to facilitate cooling of the cabinet, via suspended ice bags
- Bevelled mirrors finish the upper front and sides, each display desirable light foxing
- Removable, flat top affords further versatility
- Four cast iron brackets within, which formed part of the patented cooling system
- Attractive twist-catch, reeded brass handle closes the doors to the rear
- Generous interior space suitable for displaying various collectables
- Solid, white marble cooling slab, sitting upon a plinth base
- Patented in 1885, improved in 1892, 1896 and once again in 1903
- Patent information included, via correspondence with the Science Museum in 1995
This is a fascinating turn of the century shop display cabinet of solid construction and sound joints. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for display.
Max Width: 80cm (31.5'')
Max Depth: 65cm (25.5'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Internal Width: 65cm (25.5'')
Internal Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Internal Height: 88cm (34.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World