Antique Purdonium, Scottish, Oak, Brass, Fireside, Coal Bin, Victorian, C.1870
Our Stock # 18.6632
This is an antique purdonium. A Scottish, oak and brass fireside coal bin, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Substantial and enduring practicality
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select oak shows fine grain interest and rich caramel hues throughout the wax polish finish
- Lift-out coal bin shows appealing ageing and signs of use
- Opening apex lid with classical overtones
- Dressed with heavy brass, shaped brightwork
- Shield panel fascia, decorated with ebonised edges
- Carriage by way of brass drop handles on diamond shaped backs
This antique purdonium is an attractive fireside addition to any room and of an unusual quality. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 46.5cm (18.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World