Antique Pole Screen, Rosewood, Needlepoint Tapestry, Fire Screen, Regency, 1820
Our Stock # 18.6347
This is an antique pole screen. An English, Rosewood and needlepoint tapestry adjustable fire screen, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Superb Regency craftsmanship for the fireside
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select Rosewood shows fine grain interest and rich russet hues
- Quality needlepoint presented within clear, bright glass
- Stand topped with a small carved finial
- Sinuous scrolled carving to the frame and decorated with leaf motif
- Flower head carvings add an extra flourish
- The needlepoint tapestry in foliate wreath form with brightly coloured petals
- Adjustable screen height within a range of 71cm (28")
- Raised upon an eye-catching carved foliate stand with gently chamfered forms
- Long foliate baluster support with acanthus bulb terminus
- Standing upon a trio of squat cabriole legs with scrolled toes
This is a striking antique pole screen. Quality Rosewood and needlepoint present superbly and will enhance any fireside setting. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the fireplace.
Max Width: 36cm (14.25'')
Max Depth: 33cm (13'')
Max Height: 148cm (58.25'')
Screen Width: 45.5cm (18'')
Screen Height: 51cm (20'')
Screen Height Adjustment: 71cm (28'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World