Antique Pole Screen, English, Victorian, Needlepoint, Tapestry Panel Circa 1860
Our Stock # 18.5137
This is an antique pole screen, an English, Victorian fireside needlepoint tapestry panel dating to circa 1860.
- Attractive woodland scene needlepoint tapestry panel
- Mounted in a square frame decorated with roundels and scrolls
- Raised on a brass pole capped with an umbrella finial
- Adjustable height with a brass twist lock to secure position
- A most attractive tapering, rosewood, barley twist stem
- Displaying grain interest in the lustrous wax polished finish
- Standing upon a tripod of shaped cabriole legs with scrolled toes
- An inverted finial hangs beneath the centre column
A delightful example depicting the red squirrel. The red squirrel, the native British squirrel, has massively declined in numbers following the fashionable introduction of the grey squirrel from North America during the 1870's.
Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Depth: 33cm (13'')
Max Height: 141.5cm (55.75'')
Max Panel Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Panel Depth: 37cm (14.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.