Antique Pole Screen, English, Victorian, Needlepoint, Tapestry Panel Circa 1860
Our Stock # 18.5137
This is an antique pole screen, an English, Victorian fireside needlepoint tapestry panel dating to circa 1860.
- Attractive woodland scene needlepoint tapestry panel
- Mounted in a square frame decorated with roundels and scrolls
- Raised on a brass pole capped with an umbrella finial
- Adjustable height with a brass twist lock to secure position
- A most attractive tapering, rosewood, barley twist stem
- Displaying grain interest in the lustrous wax polished finish
- Standing upon a tripod of shaped cabriole legs with scrolled toes
- An inverted finial hangs beneath the centre column
A delightful example depicting the red squirrel. The red squirrel, the native British squirrel, has massively declined in numbers following the fashionable introduction of the grey squirrel from North America during the 1870's.
Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Depth: 33cm (13'')
Max Height: 141.5cm (55.75'')
Max Panel Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Max Panel Depth: 37cm (14.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World