Antique Pole Screen, English, Victorian, Fire, Needlepoint, Tapestry Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.5128
This is an antique pole screen, an English, early Victorian fire screen with needlepoint tapestry panel dating to circa 1850.
- Raised on a turned mahogany stand with good colour and grain interest
- A tripod of cabriole legs featuring carved 'C' scrolls, acanthus leaf knees and scrolled toes
- An inverted finial beneath to finish
- An expertly turned post rises to a capping finial
- The adjustable screen panel easy to position
- A scrolled frame mounts the needlepoint tapestry of exotic birds, branches and flowers
A fine example of it's type. Solid and stable, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 160cm (63'')
Panel Width: 49cm (19.25'')
Panel Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.