Antique Pole Screen, English, Needlepoint, Fire Shield, Tapestry, Regency, 1820
Our Stock # 18.7799
This is an antique pole screen. An English, rosewood adjustable needlepoint tapestry fire shield, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Superb elegance and exuding quality
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select stocks show fine grain interest and rich russet hues
- Delightful foliate needlepoint tapestry a treat
- Shield shaped screen adjusts through 76cm (30")
- Rises upon a slender pole topped with turned finial
- Distinguished by a striking barley twist carved support
- Raised upon a triform of double scroll toes with drop pendant finial to centre
This is a fascinating antique pole screen, offering generous adjustment ideal for any fireside. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 38.5cm (15.25'')
Max Depth: 34cm (13.5'')
Max Height: 150.5cm (59.25'')
Adjustment Range: 76cm (30'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World