Antique Pole Screen, Early Victorian Rosewood Fire Screen
Our Stock # 10.1594
This is an antique pole screen, early Victorian fire screen c.1840.
- Raised on a robust rosewood stand with good colour and grain interest
- A tripod of beautifully carved cabriole legs featuring C' scrolls, carved knees and scrolled toes
- An inverted finial beneath tapering, helically turned post
- Brass pole topped with decorative, bell-cupped finial
- Fixed height, needlepoint, tapestry screen
- Depicting birds, flowers and an apple on a rug
- Reverse a tapestry of a floral spray
- Framed in a shaped, scrolled rosewood mount
A superior example of it's type. Solid and stable, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Screen Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Screen Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Height: 145cm (57'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World