Antique Plant Stand, Tall, English, Mahogany Torchere Georgian Nelson Circa 1805
Our Stock # 18.5185
This is an antique plant stand, a tall, English mahogany torchere dating to the late Georgian period, circa 1805 and later.
- A magnificent piece with historical interest
- In fine mahogany with a desirable aged patina
- A Georgian, tapered post mounted on a tripod of cabriole legs
- Surmounted by a generous lipped platform with brass plaque beneath
- The post superbly turned with rings and dual pitched barley twists
- Punctuated with black rings commemorating the death of Nelson
- An inverted finial hanging inside the later tripod of cabriole legs
- The legs displaying carved, acanthus leaf knees and terminating in scrolled toes
A rather appealing antique plant stand offering a solid and stable platform. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 47cm (18.5'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 149.5cm (58.75'')
Top Diameter: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World