Antique Pier Cabinet, English, Walnut, Inlay, Display Cupboard, Victorian, 1870
Our Stock # 18.7813
This is an antique pier cabinet. An English, walnut and boxwood inlaid display cupboard, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Delightful cabinet, presenting beautifully with fine colour
- Displaying a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select walnut shows fine grain interest and rich caramel hues
- Lighter boxwood stringing contrasts perfectly
- Wide top with ebonised edges stands above the whole
- Front fascia accentuated with superb scrolled foliate marquetry
- Bright glazed door dressed with ormolu lock escutcheon — in working order, key present
- The interior upholstered with a striking saffron yellow silk cotton fabric
- Arranged usefully as a pair of graduated shelves
- Adorned with ormolu mounts to each corner, framing the cabinet door
- Standing upon four ebonised bun feet beneath a plinth foot
This is a superb antique pier cabinet, desirably presented and ideal for showcasing treasured items. Solids joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to display.
Max Width: 75cm (29.5'')
Max Depth: 32cm (12.5'')
Max Height: 106.5cm (42'')
Shelf Width: 67cm (26.5'')
Shelf Depth: 18cm (7'')
Shelf Heights: 35.5cm (14'') 22cm (8.75") 27cm (10.75")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World