Antique Pier Cabinet, English, Walnut, Glazed Display Cupboard, Victorian, 1870
Our Stock # 18.9658
This is an antique pier cabinet. An English, walnut glazed display cupboard, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Graced with delightful inlaid detail and rich colour
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in very good order
- Select burr walnut shows superb grain interest
- Exquisite colour throughout, with warm caramel hues
- Upper cavetto moulding and sides host excellent boxwood marquetry
- Quartet of ormolu mounts adorn the fascia with foliate wreath detail
- Generously sized glazed door, with clear, bright original pane
- Door dressed with an ornate ormolu lock escutcheon — key present
- Opening to reveal the black painted interior, the shelf finished with walnut edge
- Standing upon a continuous plinth base, with shaped bracket to the rear
This is a superb antique pier cabinet, with a striking appearance. Quality craftsmanship and appealing original glazed door. Solid joints and construction, delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 77cm (30.25'')
Max Depth: 31cm (12.25'')
Max Height: 104.5cm (41.25'')
Shelf Width: 67cm (26.5'')
Shelf Depth: 22.5cm (8.75'')
Shelf Height: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World