Antique, Pembroke Table, English, Georgian, Mahogany Side Hepplewhite Circa 1795
Our Stock # 18.5099
This is an antique Pembroke table, an English, late Georgian, mahogany side table with Hepplewhite influence dating to circa 1795.
- Rich, warm hues of russet browns to the quality mahogany
- Grain interest in the deep, wax polished finish
- Of quality craftsmanship with a desirable aged patina
- The well figured top features a cross banded perimeter
- Delineated by a boxwood string detail
- The drop-flap extension leaves lift easily, supported on shaped brackets
- A single oak lined, frieze drawer to one end with faux drawer front the other
- Dressed with a pair of loop handles over pressed brass backplates
- Boxwood string and key hole escutcheon, original lock with key absent
- Raised on elegant, square section, tapering legs
- Riding upon solid brass cup castors
A delightful table in fine order. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 74cm (29.25'')
Min Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Extended Depth: 96cm (37.75'')
Max Height: 71cm (28'')
About Pembroke Tables:
The debated origins of the Pembroke table are more likely to rest with the 9th Earl of Pembroke, Henry Herbert (1693-1751), an English aristocrat and amateur architect. Emerging in the late 18th century and predominantly made from mahogany, Pembroke tables served a variety of uses from dining, tea and writing to bedside companions. The convenience to store away and extend with the drop leaves when required made it a very versatile and popular piece of furniture.
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.