Antique Pair of Baronial Hall Chairs, English Oak Armchairs, c.1900
Our Stock # 12.1635
This is an antique pair of Baronial hall chairs. These English oak armchairs date to the late Victorian period c.1900.
- A striking pair of carved oak chairs of substantial size and presence
- Raised on box and ball front legs and square section rear
- United by a strong 'H' stretcher and complimented by a turned mid-height front stretcher
- Solid plank seat with panelled sides beneath robust, swept armrests
- The carved back panel a real feature of these chairs complete with foliate detail to the ears
- A pair of quarter fans cupåÊa classical vase with a single flowering stem &åÊabundant foliage
- Above, a pair geometric lozenges of foliate detail beneath a row four half fans
- The crest rail features a sinuous pair of fire breathing dragons, or serpents, supporting a fanned crest
A striking pair of hall chairs. Solid joints and construction. Delivered Waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 68cm (26.75'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 149cm (58.75'')
Seat Width: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.