Antique Open Pedestal Desk, English Walnut, W Walker and Sons, London Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5187
This is an antique open pedestal desk, an English, walnut writing table by W. Walker and Sons, London and dating to the late 19th century circa 1870.
- Attractive desk in select walnut displaying mellow tones
- Made by the pre-eminent cabinet maker W Walker & Sons, London
- Panelled show back design – ideal for centre room placement
- Open pedestal design with tapered fluted pillars
- Offering a bracketed lower under-tier
- Raised on square section feet
- A central frieze drawer is flanked by two drawers each side
- The upper drawers fluted and dressed with brass drop handles
- The olive green leather skiver is twin tooled in gold and offers a generous desk space
- The upper right hand drawer stamped 'W Walker & Sons of Bunhill Row, London, EC'
A desirable and attractive desk with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 122cm (48'')
Max Depth: 76cm (30'')
Max Height: 73.5cm (29'')
Kneehole Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Kneehole Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.