Antique Officer's Chest, English, Mahogany, Travelling Trunk, 19th Century
Our Stock # 18.6431
This is an antique officer's campaign chest. An English, mahogany travelling trunk, dating to the late 19th century, circa 1880.
- A fine example of Victorian campaign furniture
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Mahogany shows fine grain interest
- Dependable corners with broad dovetail joints and metal pinning
- Lid finished with shaped steel shoulders
- Operates smoothly on long iron hinges
- Working, lock with brass, diamond shape escutcheon — key present
- Stencil type to the front in the name of J.A. Wardman
- Stout drop handles to each side, with substantial backing plates
- Raised upon a pair of full-width skids for support
This is an antique campaign chest, with period appeal. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 77cm (30.25'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 38cm (15'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World