Antique Oak Cabinet, Profusely Carved, C17th & Later
Our Stock # R0741
This is a magnificently carved antique two door cabinet, elements dating to the 17th century later constructed into a cabinet in the 19th century.
- Profuse deep relief carving with great interest throughout
- Solid two plank top displaying medullary rays with bull nose edge finish
- Reciprocating floral and foliate carving to oblique upper frieze
- A pair of panel doors worked with birds, urns and foliage
- Doors dressed with later lion mask, ring handles
- Inside left door carved to depict a Bishop holding the Devil's tongue
- Inside right door carved to depict an angel administering a lady
- Inside cupboard space divided in two by single shelf
- Chamfered plinth with geometric carved interest
- Raised on ball feet
A fascinating construction with huge interest, solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 107cm (42")
Max Depth: 41cm (16.25")
Max Height: 89cm (35")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World