Antique Nursing Chair, English Walnut, Needlepoint Tapestry Victorian Circa 1840
Our Stock # 13.0347
This is an antique nursing chair in English walnut and needlepoint tapestry dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1840.
- Superior quality and solid walnut frame displaying good colour
- Well proportioned with desirable aged patina
- Traditionally stuffed offering a comfortable seat
- Raised on carved cabriole legs decorated with 'C' scrolls and reeding
- Elaborate scrolled toes over solid brass castors
- Sinuous edge detailing runs seamlessly into seat rail decoration
- Swept and shaped rear legs
- Carved brackets run back into dished backrest with humped cresting rail
- The drop-in seat pad and backrest covered in a needlepoint tapestry
- Florally decorated in muted earthy tones
- Shabby appeal as is or would welcome recovering
A good, solid example with aged appeal or bags of potential, depending upon your viewpoint. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 104cm (41'')
Seat Width: 48cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 48cm (19'')
Seat Height: 43cm (17'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.