Antique Nursing Chair, English Walnut, Needlepoint Tapestry Victorian Circa 1840
Our Stock # 13.0347
This is an antique nursing chair in English walnut and needlepoint tapestry dating to the early Victorian period, circa 1840.
- Superior quality and solid walnut frame displaying good colour
- Well proportioned with desirable aged patina
- Traditionally stuffed offering a comfortable seat
- Raised on carved cabriole legs decorated with 'C' scrolls and reeding
- Elaborate scrolled toes over solid brass castors
- Sinuous edge detailing runs seamlessly into seat rail decoration
- Swept and shaped rear legs
- Carved brackets run back into dished backrest with humped cresting rail
- The drop-in seat pad and backrest covered in a needlepoint tapestry
- Florally decorated in muted earthy tones
- Shabby appeal as is or would welcome recovering
A good, solid example with aged appeal or bags of potential, depending upon your viewpoint. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Depth: 61cm (24'')
Max Height: 104cm (41'')
Seat Width: 48cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 48cm (19'')
Seat Height: 43cm (17'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World