Antique Needlepoint Fire Screen, English, Mahogany, Fireside Guard, Regency
Our Stock # 18.7526
This is an antique needlepoint fire screen. An English, mahogany fireside guard with tapestry screen, dating to the Regency period, circa 1830.
- Attractive fire screen with Chinese Chippendale overtones
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Mahogany frame presents deep russet hues beneath a wax polish finish
- Superb crewelwork needlepoint tapestry screen with distinctive foliate pattern
- Of adjustable height, the screen dressed with a shaped brass handle
- Ensconced within the elegant frame, the screen adjusts to suit individual requirements
- Pierced fretwork along the top rail matched with embossed lozenges throughout
- Raised upon dashing trestle legs with unusual C-scroll toes
This is a fascinating antique fire screen, with dashing needlepoint crewel work and attractive mahogany frame. With adjustable height, this screen is ideally suited to the larger fireplace. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Depth: 35.5cm (14'')
Max Height: 100.5cm (39.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World