Antique Music Cabinet, English, Walnut, Display Cupboard, Whatnot, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6886
This is an antique music cabinet. An English, burr walnut display cupboard or whatnot, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Superb craftsmanship and appealing finish
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Burr walnut shows fine grain interest
- Deep, rich caramel hues a delight beneath a wax polish finish
- Generous upper tier with large gallery
- Quarter book-matched burr to both tier surfaces a sight to behold
- Exquisite boxwood marquetry in fine, intricate shield and foliate form
- The whole supported by elegantly turned baluster columns
- Glazed door with quality plate in good order
- The door dressed with a charming brass drop handle pull
- Music shelf finished with tooled leather trim and marked 'Gen Music' for the contemporary hits
- Regal columns to each lower corner and riding upon a set of brass and ceramic castors
This is a delightful, attractive antique music cabinet. Ideal for sheet music or modern systems, this example is blessed with super grain interest, quality inlay detail and 360-degree finish for central room placement. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the musical home.
Max Width: 63cm (24.75'')
Max Depth: 40cm (15.75'')
Max Height: 99cm (39'')
Top Tier Width: 61.5cm (24.25'')
Top Tier Depth: 38.5cm (15.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World