Antique Music Cabinet, English, Rosewood, Display Case, Inlay, Victorian, C.1870
Our Stock # 18.7706
This is an antique music cabinet. An English, rosewood display case with boxwood inlay, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Presents an elegance of some esteem and craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select rosewood shows fine grain interest and rich colour
- Glazed with a quality, bevelled glass plate
- Unmarked as such, the craftsmanship and finish redolent of the esteemed Gillows
- Shaped top of bowed form, decorated with boxwood stringing and central medallion
- Further inlay graces the door, with distinctive heraldic motif
- Dressed with a small brass pull of oval form, upon a decorated backplate
- Four shelf interior, each lined with golden baize at graduated heights
- Finished reverse lends the case to central room placement
- Shaped plinth base with ogee bracket feet at each corner
- Riding smoothly upon a set of four hidden brass castors
This is a striking antique music cabinet, with appealing colour and quality finish. The bevelled door glass affords a clear, bright view of the interior, making it suitable as a display case if required. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48.5cm (19'')
Max Depth: 41.5cm (16.25'')
Max Height: 91.5cm (36'')
Shelf Width: 40cm (15.75'')
Shelf Depth: 31cm (12.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World