Antique Mule Chest, English, Georgian, Oak, Coffer, Trunk, 18th Century, C.1750
Our Stock # 18.5223
This is an antique mule chest. An English, Georgian oak coffer, or trunk, dating to the mid-18th century, circa 1750.
- Prime example of early Georgian furniture
- Superb oak stocks with fine grain interest
- Wisps of medullary rays add further wonder
- Presenting an unusual front apron with fleur-de-lys shaped cut-outs
- Generous chest with a suite of three drawers below
- Braced lid opens on long strap hinges to reveal voluminous storage space within
- Four attractive, arched field panels adorn the front with twin panel ends
- The front dressed with a brass lock escutcheon, key absent
- Below, a pair of oak-lined drawers flank a smaller central receptacle
- Dressed with brass keyhole lining and swan-neck handles over shaped, solid brass backplates
- The sides replete with shaped bracket feet and square section rear legs
This is a beautiful antique mule chest and testament to the enduring craftsmanship of the Georgian period. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 147cm (57.75'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 92cm (36.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World