Antique Mounted Whatnot, English, Wall Shelf, Chinoiserie, Victorian, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.8005
This is an antique mounted whatnot. An English, mahogany wall shelf with Chinoiserie taste, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Attractive wall mounted display shelves with distinctive finish
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order throughout
- Select stocks show fine grain interest and deep russet hues
- Striking pierced sides redolent of the Chinoiserie influence favoured by E.W. Godwin
- Arranged as a pair of shelves over a deep drawer base
- Framed by the geometric shaped fretwork with a supporting spar to centre
- Pair of useful drawers dressed with small brass pulls and brass lined locks — key absent
- Free standing upon shaped feet, with a trio of mounting holes for wall hanging if desired
This is a fascinating antique mounted whatnot, with striking Chinoiserie overtones. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to mount.
Max Width: 61.5cm (24.25'')
Max Depth: 25.5cm (10'')
Max Height: 75.5cm (29.75'')
Shelf Width: 65cm (25.5'')
Shelf Depth: 23cm (9'')
Upper Shelf Height: 24.5cm (9.75'')
Lower Shelf Height: 25.5cm (10")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World