Antique Merchant's Chest, Oriental, Solid Teak, Trunk, William III, Circa 1700
Our Stock # 18.7517
This is an antique merchant's chest. An Oriental, solid teak and iron bound trunk, dating to the William III period, circa 1700.
- Beguiling, aged chest of superior and heavy proportion
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Solid teak stocks with fascinating grain interest and weathering
- Enduring strength from the iron bound strapping
- Three-quarter lid opens upon long iron strap hinges, resting against itself
- Generous depth to the opening, ideal for larger items — 50cm (19.75")
- Dressed with a pair of decorated clasps to the front, accentuated with leaf detail
- Strapped corners exude stability and security
- Replete with iron drop handles to the ends
- Standing upon a quartet of shaped bracket feet at each corner
This is a fascinating antique merchant's chest, graced with centuries of desirable patination and of superb proportion. As useful today as it was over 300 years ago, this trunk could add wonderful character to the room as a distinctive coffee table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 125cm (49.25'')
Max Depth: 77.5cm (30.5'')
Max Height: 56.5cm (22.25'')
Opening Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World