Antique Master Shipwright's Chest, English, Mahogany, Tool Trunk, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6600
This is an antique master shipwright's chest. An English, ebonised mahogany tool trunk with ornate interior, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Wonderful craftsman's piece with hidden depths
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Ebonised mahogany with dark, consistent hues throughout
- The polished mahogany interior is a true delight
- Stout, braced lid opens with a central recessed pull in brass
- Eye-catching lid interior with vaulted field panel bearing a Star of David motif
- Trunk fascias finished with the four suits in contrasting lighter inlays
- Four opening compartments on pairs of brass hinges
- Compartments comprise of six individual pieces and are fully removable
- Unusual sliding bottom shelf reveals hidden storage space beneath
- Broad dovetail joints and brass dressed corners for strength
- Raised upon a continuous plinth base
This is a superb antique master shipwright's chest with an attractive, lovingly crafted interior. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 91cm (35.75'')
Max Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Height: 53.5cm (21'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World