Antique Master Shipwright's Chest, English, Mahogany, Tool Trunk, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6607
This is an antique master shipwright's chest. An English, mahogany lined tool trunk, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Superb Victorian chest with hidden depths
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Mahogany lined and showing fine grain interest
- Substantial, quality proportions with an ebonised finish to the exterior
- Lid opens upon a trio of internal hinges
- Dressed with a brass, working lock escutcheon — key present
- Brass engraved plaque with the name of A.G. Leslie
- A pair of stout rope handles with turkshead knots sit within large keepers
- Mahogany lined interior is a key highlight with elegant boxwood cross banded inlay
- 19 opening drawers within a pair of removable consoles
- Pair of hidden lockers at the base accessed by sliding covers
- Removable work surface situated at the front of the interior
This is a superb antique shipwright's chest, with copious storage and delightful hidden compartments. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 111.5cm (44'')
Max Depth: 70.5cm (27.75'')
Max Height: 66.5cm (26.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World