Antique Marriage Chest, Asian, Chinese Elm, Carved Dowry Trunk, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.6574
This is an antique marriage chest. An Asian, Chinese Elm carved dowry trunk, dating to the 19th century, circa 1900.
- Captivating matrimonial chest
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select Chinese Elm with fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues throughout the wax polish finish
- Five compartments within a carriage frame
- Compartments dressed with iron studded corners
- Sliding stanchion helps keep trays secure
- Dressed with a square, rotating handle to the surmount
- Pierced upper apron replete with foliate carvings and further studded detail
- Carved end supports adorning each side of the chest platform
- Iron support arms terminate at the continuous plinth base
This is a fascinating antique marriage chest with rich hues and Oriental appeal. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 86cm (33.75'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 104.5cm (41.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World