Antique Marine Telescope, English, Single Draw, Ship, Refractor, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6333
This is an antique marine telescope. An English, silvered brass single draw 'officer of the watch' ship's refractor with personal inscription, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1895.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife stalking, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Well presented with a fascinating personal inscription
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Silvered brass with an appealing, textured barrel finish
- Wonderful engraved message from a captain to his apprentice dated August 1896
- Inscription reads thus; August 1896
- To Captain George E.W. Ragner from his old master
- E. J. Essenloope "Sunrise" R. Y. S.
- Single draw telescope operates with smooth action
- Clear, bright objective lens has a diameter of 25mm (1")
- Sliding sunshade to the objective lens
- Flared eyecup with swivel dust cover
A fine antique marine telescope, supplied with a London Fine oak and brass 'Captain's Stand' for display. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Closed Length: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Drawn Length: 63cm (24.75'')
Objective Diameter: 2.5cm (1'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World