Antique Map Compendiums, English, Ordnance Survey, Cartography, Victorian, 1880
Our Stock # 18.7047
This is a set of 4 antique map compendiums. An English, bound volume with a set of Ordnance Survey cartography maps, dating to the Victorian period and later, circa 1880 to 1920.
- Of interest to the enthusiast cartographer - 28 antique maps in total
- Displaying a desirable aged patina - signs of previous enjoyment commensurate with age
- Half bound in rich, crimson leather with decorative marbled boards providing contrast
- Each map is linen-backed for quality and durability when folding
- Large scale, with maps at 25.4" statute mile scale - some with hand-coloured areas
- Mainly situated within Buckinghamshire, with some bordering Oxfordshire
- Maps show surveying and publication dates spanning from circa 1880 to 1920
- Annotated keys show characteristics and symbols for boundaries
This is a pleasingly decorative set of 4 antique map compendiums. Of fascination to lovers of cartography or English county history, these maps also offer display interest for the collector or institutions. Delivered ready to be enjoyed.
Volume Width: 17.5cm (7'')
Volume Depth: 8cm (3.25'')
Volume Height: 27cm (10.75'')
Map Folded Width: 13cm (5'')
Map Folded Height: 24cm (9.5'')
Map Unfolded Width: 100cm (39.25'')
Map Unfolded Height: 68cm (26.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World