Antique Lowboy, English, Late Georgian, Walnut, Desk, Table c.1800
Our Stock # 10.1750
This is an antique lowboy, an English, late Georgian walnut desk or table, c.1800.
- Highly desirable aged patina and good, consistent colour
- Attractive grain interest in the well figured walnut
- Well executed, quarter veneered, book-matched top
- Perimeter crossbanding and a frame of feather banded inlay
- Moulded edge detail featuring rear overhang and cloven corner detail
- Central frieze drawer flanked by deep side drawers
- Cockbeaded and oak lined, running smoothly
- Dressed with solid brass drop handles over etched, batwing back plates
- Decorated with cross banding and feather band inlay
- Sinuous, serpentine, three-quarter apron
- Stout cabriole legs all round terminate in pad feet
A super piece with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 109.5cm (43'')
Max Depth: 55.5cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World