Antique Lodge Chair, George V Oak Armchair 1913
Our Stock # LFA-1634
This is an antique lodge chair, George V oak armchair dating to 1915.
- Beautifully made in English oak with good colour and a desirable aged patina
- Featuring barley twist framework with boxed joints decorated with rosettes
- Pierced carved splat and crest rail displaying foliage and fruit
- Carved buffalo head and fraternity initials 'RAOB' highlighted in gold as well as...
- The Latin moto 'Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit' - 'No Man Is At All Times Wise'
- Engraved brass plaque to splat denoting the chair as a presentation to a lodge
- Scrolled arm terminals and padded arm rests finished with brass studs
- Traditionally stuffed and well sprung finished in 'ox blood' red leatherette
Founded in 1822 in London, RAOB are the initials of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes, an organisation similar to the freemasons and sharing many philanthropic ideals for which plenty of information on the Order can be found on the internet.
Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 66cm (26'')
Max Height: 131cm (51.5'')
Seat Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Seat Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.