Antique Lodge Chair, George V Oak Armchair 1913
Our Stock # 12.1634
This is an antique lodge chair, George V oak armchair dating to 1915.
- Beautifully made in English oak with good colour and a desirable aged patina
- Featuring barley twist framework with boxed joints decorated with rosettes
- Pierced carved splat and crest rail displaying foliage and fruit
- Carved buffalo head and fraternity initials 'RAOB' highlighted in gold as well as...
- The Latin moto 'Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit' - 'No Man Is At All Times Wise'
- Engraved brass plaque to splat denoting the chair as a presentation to a lodge
- Scrolled arm terminals and padded arm rests finished with brass studs
- Traditionally stuffed and well sprung finished in 'ox blood' red leatherette
Founded in 1822 in London, RAOB are the initials of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes, an organisation similar to the freemasons and sharing many philanthropic ideals for which plenty of information on the Order can be found on the internet.
Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 66cm (26'')
Max Height: 131cm (51.5'')
Seat Width: 52cm (20.5'')
Seat Depth: 50cm (19.75'')
Seat Height: 46cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World