Antique Linen Press, English, Georgian, Housekeeper's Cupboard, Circa 1780
Our Stock # 18.5183
This is an antique linen press, an English, Georgian housekeeper's cupboard in mahogany dating to circa 1780.
- A fine example in select mahogany
- Displaying grain interest in mellow, russet hues
- Desirable aged patina in a lustrous, wax polished finish
- In good proportion beneath a modest crown moulding with Graeco trace frieze
- Raised on bracket feet, a lower suite of drawers arranged '2 over 2'
- Dovetailed, cockbeaded and oak lined with locks and brass keyhole linings, key absent
- The fronts detailed with twin, boxwood string detail, the inner shaped
- Dressed with drop handles over ovular, pressed brass backplates
- The upper cabinet features twin field panel doors
- Delineated with a shaped moulding inside a boxwood string detail
- Decorarted with a framed, central marquetry, fanned paterae
- Brass key hole linings accompany a working lock and key
- Inside, a suite of four, smooth running linen slides present abundant storage
A super example of its type with solid joints and construction,. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 136.5cm (53.75'')
Max Depth: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Height: 196.5cm (77.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.