Antique Linen Press, English, Georgian, Housekeeper's Cupboard, Circa 1780
Our Stock # 18.5183
This is an antique linen press, an English, Georgian housekeeper's cupboard in mahogany dating to circa 1780.
- A fine example in select mahogany
- Displaying grain interest in mellow, russet hues
- Desirable aged patina in a lustrous, wax polished finish
- In good proportion beneath a modest crown moulding with Graeco trace frieze
- Raised on bracket feet, a lower suite of drawers arranged '2 over 2'
- Dovetailed, cockbeaded and oak lined with locks and brass keyhole linings, key absent
- The fronts detailed with twin, boxwood string detail, the inner shaped
- Dressed with drop handles over ovular, pressed brass backplates
- The upper cabinet features twin field panel doors
- Delineated with a shaped moulding inside a boxwood string detail
- Decorarted with a framed, central marquetry, fanned paterae
- Brass key hole linings accompany a working lock and key
- Inside, a suite of four, smooth running linen slides present abundant storage
A super example of its type with solid joints and construction,. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 136.5cm (53.75'')
Max Depth: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Height: 196.5cm (77.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World