Antique Library Telescope, English Brass, Astronomical, Dollond, Victorian, 1890
Our Stock # 18.7924
This is an antique library telescope. An English, brass astronomical mounted refractor by Dollond of London, dating to Victorian period, circa 1890.
Perfect for bird watching, landscape appreciation, wildlife stalking, or maritime observation. Equally suitable for observing the night sky.
- Displays consistent colour throughout and a desirable aged patina
- Primary barrel shows light indentations commensurate with age and use
- Striking brass brightwork presented in eye-catching, original order
- By the renowned Dollond of London
- Single draw tube extends smoothly, focused by knurled wheel moving an internal rack and pinion
- Maker's mark engraved to the trailing edge of the primary tube
- Attaches to the elegant tripod with two brass turn screws and rotates fore and aft
- Standing steadfast upon a trio of slipper feet
This is a delightful antique library telescope, a pleasingly patinated example with over a century of enthusiastic use. Ideal for observing the night sky in comfort. Delivered polished and ready to be enjoyed.
Closed Length: 97cm (38.25'')
Fully Drawn Length: 103cm (40.5'')
Objective Diameter: 50cm (19.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World