Antique Library Table, Victorian Carved Oak, Scottish c.1850
Our Stock # LFA-1555
This is a classic example of Scottish Victorian excess in the profuse decoration afforded to this fantastic antique library table, dating to the mid 19th century circa 1850.
- In stocks of English oak extensively and expertly carved
- Superb colour with a desirable, beautifully aged, patina
- Grain interest to the thick top with carved moulded edge detail
- Raised on two platforms decorated with carved boarders and a robust stretcher
- Gaping lion heads guarding each corner with relief foliate detail to the end panels
- A pair of classical columns rise supporting the tabletop
- Canted frieze decorated with relief carved classical motifs
- Pierced carved lion masks to each corner over descending finials
- A pair of frieze drawers with green man mask handles
A bold piece with huge interest. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 107cm (42.25'')
Max Depth: 75cm (29.5'')
Max Height: 78cm (30.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World