Antique Lectern, Carved, English, Oak, Stand, Ecclesiastical Gothic, Pugin c1880
Our Stock # 18.5254
This is an antique lectern, a carved, English, oak stand in the ecclesiastical gothic taste with Pugin esque overtones.
- Of quality craftsmanship in solid English oak
- Well figured with delightful colour and a desirable aged patina
- Pugin-esque ecclesiastical gothic with a hint of Art Nouveau
- Well executed relief and pierced carved decoration
- The top sits flat with edge moulding beneath
- Field panel sides decorated with sprays of carved lilies – symbolising humility and devotion
- Buttressed columns flank central opening with broad stretcher foot rest
- Shaped, mirrored brackets decorating the upper opening
- Attractively decorated with pierce carved floral and foliate detail
A joyful antique lectern that would work well as a hall or side table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 32cm (12.5'')
Max Height: 80cm (31.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.