Antique Lectern, Carved, English, Oak, Stand, Ecclesiastical Gothic, Pugin c1880
Our Stock # 18.5254
This is an antique lectern, a carved, English, oak stand in the ecclesiastical gothic taste with Pugin esque overtones.
- Of quality craftsmanship in solid English oak
- Well figured with delightful colour and a desirable aged patina
- Pugin-esque ecclesiastical gothic with a hint of Art Nouveau
- Well executed relief and pierced carved decoration
- The top sits flat with edge moulding beneath
- Field panel sides decorated with sprays of carved lilies – symbolising humility and devotion
- Buttressed columns flank central opening with broad stretcher foot rest
- Shaped, mirrored brackets decorating the upper opening
- Attractively decorated with pierce carved floral and foliate detail
A joyful antique lectern that would work well as a hall or side table. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 32cm (12.5'')
Max Height: 80cm (31.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World