Antique Lady's Work Box, English, Rosewood, Sewing, Table, Regency, Circa 1820
Our Stock # 18.7025
This is a quality antique lady's work box. An English, Rosewood sewing or haberdashery table, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- A table of elegant Regency craftsmanship
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select Rosewood a delight of fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues beneath the wax polish finish
- The tiered lid edge with canted corners opens upon internal brass hinges
- Beneath, a pierced apron with delicately carved circular pattern
- Adorning the canted corners are four decorative panels with foliate carvings
- Attractive fretwork motif to the front fascia with elaborate scrolled foliage
- An inset, working lock holding the lid securely – key present
- The dressed interior a shock of scarlet hues with a suite of compartments
- Large central cover reveals the deep compartment within the up-stand
- Raised upon a turned baluster support with dashing bulb leaf carving
- Eye-catching hyperboloid platform, from which, short scrolled toes ride upon small castors
This is an alluring antique lady's work box or sewing table. Striking Rosewood offers visual appeal and is ideal for central room placement. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 44cm (17.25'')
Max Depth: 36.5cm (14.25'')
Max Height: 75cm (29.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World