Antique Jewellery Box, Japanese, Leather, Desk Caddy, Meiji Period, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.7179
This is an antique jewellery box. A Japanese, leather bound desk caddy, dating to the Meiji period in the late 19th century, circa 1900.
- Intriguing finish and dark tones
- Displays a desirable aged patina, commensurate with age
- Leather bound with fantastic dark russet hues
- The leather pleasingly aged and decorated with gold tooled borders
- Dome top lid offers a charming scene of two birds on a sprouting branch
- Opening to reveal the interior with removable small tray
- Dressed with a large circular clasp to the front
- Drop handles to each side with engraved bat wing motif
This is a fascinating and inviting antique jewellery box, set to add mystique to a dressing table or as an unusual desk tidy. Delivered polished and ready to behold.
Max Width: 29.5cm (11.5'')
Max Depth: 17.5cm (7'')
Max Height: 10cm (4'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World