Antique Jewellery Box, English, Rosewood, Mother of Pearl, Sewing, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6747
This is an antique jewellery box. An English, rosewood and mother of pearl sewing or haberdashery box, dating to the mid-Victorian period, circa 1870.
- Beautiful jewellery box with arresting interior
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Select Rosewood with superb grain interest
- Decorated with mother of pearl inlay
- Lid featuring inlay border of circular motif with unmarked name plaque
- Border inlay repeated to front fascia
- Dressed with a mother of pearl lock escutcheon
- Inset working brass lock — key present
- Interior lined with bright saffron textiles
- Lid interior complete with concertina pouch featuring fine foliate patterns
- Lift-out tray with small compartments and inset pin cushions
- Three of the compartment lids graced by small decorative metal pulls
This is a splendid antique jewellery box, with an interior set to dazzle upon opening. Well suited to for personal jewellery or the hobbyist haberdasher, this is a highly appealing Victorian antique. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 30.5cm (12'')
Max Depth: 22cm (8.75'')
Max Height: 12.5cm (5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World