Inlaid Antique Breakfast Table, English, Rosewood, Centre, Game, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6153
This is an inlaid antique breakfast table. An English, rosewood centre or game table dating to the early Victorian period of the mid-19th century, circa 1850.
- A rare, four-seater table of much visual appeal and fine form
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select rosewood with copious grain interest
- Wonderful colour with rich caramel hues
- Central, exotic stone marquetry with mother of pearl, statuary marble and boxwood
- The circumference of the table featuring further inlay of holly with fine delineation
- A deep rolled edge moulding features above the carved apron
- Apron decorated with scrolled detail against a continuous diamond pattern ground
- A stout, tapering, ring-turned and carved barrel column provides stable support
- Graceful, fluted, scrolled knees terminate in up-turned leaf motif
- Standing upon well-executed, large, four-claw, hairy paw feet
- Eye-catching foliate carvings with lilies upon a wreath of leaves feature between the legs
This is a magnificent, rare antique breakfast table, with exotic decoration and craftsmanship, sure to enhance any room or occasion. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 112.5cm (44.25'')
Max Depth: 112.5cm (44.25'')
Max Height: 75.5cm (29.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World