Antique Glazed Bookcase, Victorian, English, Display Cabinet, Walnut, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5041
This is an antique glazed bookcase, a late Victorian, English, display cabinet in walnut and dating to the latter part of the 19th century circa 1880.
- Of quality craftsmanship with a wax polished finish
- Honey hues to the select walnut with a consistent colour
- In good proportion displaying grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Fitted with a single fixed height shelf benefiting from the original leather dust strip
- Raised on a bracket foot with serpentine, swagged apron
- A pair of glazed doors with original glass and dressed with brass drop handle
- Beneath a shallow frieze decorated with classical bracketing
- The top shimmering in a lustrous polished finish extending to the rear for close wall placement
A superior example with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 111cm (43.75'')
Max Depth: 35.5cm (14'')
Max Height: 98.5cm (38.75'')
Shelf Depth: 26cm (10.25'')
Shelf Height: 35cm (13.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.