Antique Glastonbury Chair, English, Tudor Revival, Hall Seat, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.5251
This is an antique Glastonbury chair, English Tudor Revival hall seat dating to the early 20th century, c.1900.
- A fine Glastonbury chair faithful to its origins
- Exhibiting ecclesiastical and gothic overtones
- Classic tusked joints – the 'keys' of wood were designed to be removed to simply disassemble the chair for transportation
- In English oak displaying grain interest in a wax polished finish
- Shaped armrests synonymous with the style
- Raised on 'X' frame legs united by a centre point stretcher
- Raked, plain panel back and seat with a later cushion for comfort
A desirable chair with solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 77cm (30.25'')
Seat Width: 51cm (20'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 43cm (17'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.